Excerpted from the Terms and Conditions for the Annenberg Public Policy Center Website
The Annenberg Public Policy Center is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, you must be at least 13 years of age to access and view the Service. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from your parents or guardians before participating in the Annenberg Public Policy Center Discussion Forums, or otherwise sending any personally identifying information.
The Annenberg Public Policy Center does not collect personally identifying information from the Annenberg Public Policy Center site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
As a general rule, all of the information collected by The Annenberg Public Policy Center is used for internal purposes only and is not distributed to other outside parties. There are two exceptions to this:
- The Annenberg Public Policy Center asks visitors to provide certain personal information when they use certain features on the site. This information is gathered by the Annenberg Public Policy Center on a voluntary basis and its use by the Annenberg Public Policy Center is limited to editorial and feedback purposes, and the Annenberg Public Policy Center’s promotional purposes. For example, by signing up for mailing lists, a visitor may receive a regular e-mail from the Annenberg Public Policy Center describing our recent publications or other resources. At all times, users have the right to opt out of receiving additional communications from the Annenberg Public Policy Center.Note that on occasion we will trade the names on these email lists with other like-minded organizations in order to offer you information which we think you will like. In those circumstances you will receive only one communication from that other group and will have the option to continue to receive additional information from them.
TO OPT-OUT OF HAVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH A LIKE-MINDED ORGANIZATION, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL.
- Any information that you post when participating in the Annenberg Public Policy Center Discussion Forums becomes public. It is subject to editorial review and deletion in accordance with the terms of this and other policies as detailed within the Discussion Forums.
Like all other Web servers, the Annenberg Public Policy Center’s Web server automatically creates log files for each visitor who accesses our site. These “access logs” allow us to make our site more useful to our visitors. The access logs do NOT record a visitor’s name, address, phone number, or any other personally identifying information. Rather, they contain some or all of the following information:
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the machine which accessed our Web site.
- The date of the visit.
- The time of the visit.
- The path taken through our Web site.
- The browser being used.
- A list of files downloaded or viewed from our Web site.
- The amount of time spent listening to RealAudio or Windows Media files.
- Any errors encountered.
Most Internet Service Providers use a “dynamic” form of assigning IP Addresses. This means that a visitor may have a different IP Address each time he or she visits the Annenberg Public Policy Center web site. Also, many Internet Service Providers, including America Online, use “Proxy servers” which provide even more anonymity for visitors. For example, all visitors accessing the Annenberg Public Policy Center’s Web site through America Online will be recorded in our access logs as having the same IP Address.
Annenberg Public Policy Center
University of Pennsylvania
202 S. 36th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104